The Night of the Stars online nomination system is separate from the NAIOP Washington State website. If you submitted a nomination last year, you are in luck. Your profile/login still exists. If you are new to the system, simply create a new login/password.
Login to Complete A Nomination.
Nominations Due July 18, 2022
Night of the Stars Awards showcase the best commercial real estate development projects in Washington State completed between July 1, 2021, and August 1, 2022. Arguably the most anticipated industry event, NAIOP’s Night of the Stars includes a black-tie dinner and gala awards ceremony recognizing local real estate projects and companies for their impact on the community, market adaptability, ingenuity and local contributions.
- When: Friday, November 4, 2022
- Where: Hyatt Regency Bellevue
- Who: 1,050+ guests, primarily members of the Puget Sound commercial real estate industry
About the Process
The Night of the Stars Awards Program is a two-step nomination process. From early June to mid-July, NAIOPWA solicits project and firm nominations online. In early August, finalists are notified and receive their presentation day, time(s) and additional details. All finalists have the opportunity to make a presentation to a panel of judges in mid-September. Virtual presentations for each project/category will be limited to approximately 5 minutes. Finalists will be announced at the September Breakfast.
- Affordable Housing Development of the Year
- Community Impact Development of the Year
- Deal of the Year
- Developer of the Year
- High-Rise Residential Development of the Year
- Historic Renovation of the Year
- Hospitality Development of the Year
- Industrial Speculative Development of the Year
- Mixed-Use Development of the Year
- Multi-Family Residential Development of the Year: Fewer than 100 Units
- Multi-Family Residential Suburban Development of the Year: More than 100 Units
- Multi-Family Residential Urban Development of the Year: More than 100 Units
- Office Development of the Year
- Office Interior of the Year
- Redevelopment/Renovation of the Year
- Retail Development of the Year
- Sustainable Development of the Year
Do you have a great project or company to nominate? Make sure they:
Completed project(s) between July 1, 2021 and August 1, 2022. Temporary Certificate of Occupancy or Substantial Completion must be achieved prior to 8/1/22.
Are private-sector project(s). Public funding is allowed for the Affordable Housing Development of the Year. Other project types developed with public funding or sponsored by public entities are ineligible.
Have at least one NAIOP Washington State member on the team. We have nearly 1,000 members and the fourth largest chapter nationwide. Click here to see a list of NAIOPWA member companies.
Are nominated in just one (1) category. There is no limit on the number of nominations an individual can submit; however, a project can only be nominated once. A nominated project can also be listed in a firm’s Developer of the Year nomination.
Each category will be judged based on the criteria set forth on this website. Please note, NAIOPWA reserves the right to reassign nominations, and to add, amend, or drop categories based on nominations received. Contact email@example.com with questions or to discuss a project category other than those listed above.