The Night of the Stars online nomination system is separate from the NAIOP Washington State website. If you submitted a nomination last year, you are in luck. Your profile/login still exists. If you are new to the system, simply create a new login/password.
Login to Complete A Nomination.
Finalists to be Announced Sept. 22!
Join us at the NAIOPWA Monthly Breakfast and be the first to find out.
Arguably the most anticipated industry event of 2021, NAIOP’s Night of the Stars includes a black-tie dinner and gala awards ceremony recognizing local real estate projects and companies for their impact on the community, market adaptability, ingenuity and local contributions. Night of the Stars seeks to provide recognition for members of the entire project team and include them all in the annual celebration of the industry.
- When: Friday, November 5, 2021
- Where: Hyatt Regency Bellevue
- Who: 1,000+ guests, primarily members of the Puget Sound commercial real estate industry
Night of the Stars Awards showcase the best commercial real estate development projects in Washington State completed between July 1, 2020, and August 1, 2021—a period in which we have faced a global pandemic, as well as the effects of new legislation and rapidly evolving municipal planning in our region.
COVID Safety Precautions
In anticipation of the King County Vaccine Verification Program, NAIOPWA is updating our safety precautions for members, guests, and staff to ensure a safe Gala. Please read and review the safety guidelines below:
- All guests attending Night of the Stars will be required to provide proof of vaccination upon entry. We anticipate use of the forthcoming King County Vaccine Verification Program; and the acceptable forms of verification will be announced closer to the event.
- As currently required by the State of Washington, face masks are required for all indoor events, except when drinking and eating.
- Stay home if you don’t feel well, tested positive for COVID-19, or were exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days. Let’s keep Washington healthy.
- Read our Health and Safety FAQ to learn more.
If you have any questions, or if this changes your RSVP and you would like a refund, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds must be requested by Oct. 15, 2021 in compliance with the Night of the Stars refund policy.
Night of the Stars tables can be purchased online now! Tables of 10 are available for $3,000. Companies are limited to one table purchase per company; only Night of the Stars sponsors can purchase more than one table.
About the Process
The Night of the Stars Awards Program is a two-step nomination process. From early June to mid-July, NAIOPWA solicits project and firm nominations online. In early August, finalists are notified and receive their presentation day, time(s) and additional details. All finalists have the opportunity to make a presentation to a panel of judges in mid-September. Presentations for each project/category will be limited to approximately 5 minutes. Finalists will be announced at the September Breakfast.
2021 Award Categories
- Affordable Housing Development of the Year
- Community Impact Development of the Year
- Deal of the Year
- Developer of the Year
- High-Rise Residential Development of the Year
- Historic Renovation of the Year
- Hospitality Development of the Year
- Industrial Speculative Development of the Year
- Mixed-Use Development of the Year
- Multi-Family Residential Development of the Year: Fewer than 100 Units
- Multi-Family Residential Suburban Development of the Year: More than 100 Units
- Multi-Family Residential Urban Development of the Year: More than 100 Units
- Office Development of the Year
- Office Interior of the Year
- Redevelopment/Renovation of the Year
- Retail Development of the Year
- Sustainable Development of the Year
Do you have a great project or company to nominate? Make sure they:
Completed project(s) between July 1, 2020 and August 1, 2021. Temporary Certificate of Occupancy or Substantial Completion must be achieved prior to 8/1/21.
Are private-sector project(s). Public funding is allowed for the Affordable Housing Development of the Year. Other project types developed with public funding or sponsored by public entities are ineligible.
Have at least one NAIOP Washington State member on the team. We have more than 950 members and are the third largest chapter nationwide. Click here to see a list of NAIOPWA member companies.
Are nominated in just one (1) category. There is no limit on the number of nominations an individual can submit; however, a project can only be nominated once. A nominated project can also be listed in a firm’s Developer of the Year nomination.
Each category will be judged based on the criteria set forth on this website. Please note, NAIOPWA reserves the right to reassign nominations, and to add, amend, or drop categories based on nominations received. Contact email@example.com with questions or to discuss a project category other than those listed above.