2018 Night of the Stars Awards Program
Honoring Outstanding Local Real Estate Projects and Companies
The nomination period has closed for all other award categories. Finalists will be announced on Wednesday, Sept. 19.
2018 People's Choice Award
This year, the commercial real estate community will choose to elevate and celebrate one project that represents best-in-class development in Puget Sound. The gallery with public voting will be online from September 19 through October 12. Note: Developer of the Year and Deal of the Year nominations are excluded from this award. All other projects are eligible. You may vote for one project per day. Don't miss your opportunity to be a judge!
About the Process
NAIOP Washington State Chapter’s Night of the Stars Awards Program is an annual gala dedicated to recognizing exceptional individuals and companies in our industry and the projects in which our members are involved. The goal is to identify outstanding real estate developments and activities in a variety of market types and the individuals who conceived of, took risks, sponsored, supported and made the projects happen. We encourage anyone on the extended project team to nominate projects, developers and deals, and to engage the owner or sponsor and other team members in the process. The Night of the Stars Committee seeks to provide recognition for members of the entire project team and include them all in the annual celebration of the industry.
The Night of the Stars Awards Program uses a two-step nomination process. From June 4 to July 16, NAIOP Washington State solicits project and firm nominations online. On August 10, finalists will be notified and receive their presentation day, time(s) and additional details. All finalists have the opportunity to make an in-person presentation to a panel of judges on the mornings of September 13 and 14 at the offices of GLY Construction in Bellevue. Presentations for each project/category will be limited to approximately 5 minutes.
- Community Impact of the Year
- Deal of the Year
- Developer of the Year
- High Rise Residential of the Year
- Hospitality Development of the Year
- Industrial Development of the Year
- Mixed-Use Development of the Year
- Multi-Family Residential of the Year
- Office Development of the Year
- Office Interiors of the Year
- Redevelopment/Renovation of the Year
- Retail Development of the Year
- Technology/Life Science Development of the Year
Do you have a great project or company to nominate? Make sure they:
- Completed project(s) between June 2017 and September 2018. Temporary Certificate of Occupancy or Substantial completion must be achieved prior to 10/1/2018.
- Are private-sector project(s). Projects developed with public funding or sponsored by public entities are ineligible for nomination.
- Have at least one NAIOP Washington State Chapter member on the team, which shouldn't be hard. We have more than 950 members and are the 4th largest chapter nationwide. Click here for a list of NAIOP Washington State member companies.
- Nominate the project only in one (1) award category. There is no limit on the number of nominations from an individual; however, a project can only be nominated in one category. A nominated project also can be listed in the Developer of the Year application.
NAIOP Washington State may add, amend or drop categories based on nominations received. Please contact Peggi Lewis Fu at email@example.com or 206-512-8915 with questions or to discuss a project category other than those listed above.